Yellow Cab’s Charlie Chan Pasta is a fusion dish of spaghetti noodles prepared like an Asian stir fried noodle where it is cooked with soy sauce, chikcen, mushrooms and peanuts.
- 500 g spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 whole chicken breast, cubed
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms,
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup boiling water
- spring onions, chopped
- peanut oil
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce,
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp char siu sauce,
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Rehydrate shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from water then thinly slice them then set it aside, reserve the liquid.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients together
- In a wok add peanut oil then sauté onions and garlic.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms then stir fry until chicken is cooked.
- Add in the cooked pasta in the wok, stir fry for a minute.
- Pour sauce add the peanuts, mix well then continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes. If it’s to dry add a bit of the mushroom water.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions then serve.
Yum yummmm!!! I’d love this, I know!
i followed this recipe many times and it’s good, very close to yellow cab
Thanks for trying it out and sharing the results 🙂
I tried this on New Year’s eve. My family loved it so much! I still have sauces and planning to cook double of the recipe for my friends. Thanks for sharing it by the way.
Thanks for trying it out!
hi Po good evening sir ay question sa peanuts Po ba hilaw na ilalagay o ilalagay Muna ksi sa yellow cabbprang di naman sya roasted parang nilaga tsaka nilagay sa Charlie chan thanks po sa pag share ng recipe
Pwede yung nilaga or roasted, either way ok lang up to your preference. I added the roasted one for texture.
Hello! Will there be a big difference in taste if I use palm oil instead of peanut oil? Or can you reco an alternative for peanut oil? Thank you!
Not much, peanut oil was just used for its high temperature resistance, meaning smoking point is higher temp. Just a staple at home for stir fries. You can use Canola or regular vegetable oil as alternative.
i was hesitant to try the recipe at first since most recipe that I see online has peanut butter and this one doesn’t have but I was surprised of the taste. super sarap as in halos kalasa ng yellow cab! even my family was surpised na ako ang nagluto
Thanks for trying it out
Is chicken stock really needed? any alternative po or pwedeng water na lang? Thank you! Try ko sya sa weekend.
pwede naman kaso it wont be as tasty as it should be, you can use chicken cubes instead