Silverbeet and Mushroom Soup
Silverbeet and Mushroom Soup is a simple soup of silverbeet, spring onions and mixed mushrooms, a full dish that you can actually grow everything in your garden. Another soup that is a brainchild of yours truly after trying to use any leftover I had on our fridge.
Like I said it is simple and really easy to prepare, it’s healthy and it is vegetarian.
- Rehydrate mushrooms in 3 cups of boiling water covered in a small bowl, set aside
- In a soup pot, add oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Drain and press mushrooms to remove excess liquid, reserve the water used in rehydrating the mushrooms. Add mushrooms into the soup pot then stir fry gently in medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Pour mushroom liquid and stock into the soup pot then bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add silverbeet and white parts of spring onions, bring to a boil then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with the green parts of the spring onions then serve.