Pata hamonado or Sticky Sweet Pork Hock is a type of stew where pork hocks are slowly braised in a soy sauce and pineapple juice base infused with lots of garlic.
- 2 pcs small pork legs
- 400g sliced pineapples
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- fish sauce (adjust the amount according to your liking)
- 2 tsp peppercorn
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- In a pot, brown garlic in oil.
- Add pork leg and brown on all sides.
- Now add all of the remaining ingredients, apart from the sliced pineapples.
- Bring to a boil and slowly simmer for 2 hrs.
- Add the pineapples then simmer for additional 15 minutes. Serve.