Four Mushroom and Truffle Pasta is a type of pasta dish prepared with fettucine served with a cream sauce infused with truffles and a variety of mushrooms like button, portobello, shiitake and porcini.
- 300 g fettuccine
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 100 g white button mushrooms
- 100 g portobello mushrooms
- 4 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1/2 cup of water, finely chopped
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in 1/2 cup of water, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 25 g summer truffle slices, finely chopped plus more for toppings
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain pasta and set it aside.
- Prepare a large pan, melt 4 tbsp of butter then add white button mushrooms, portobello and garlic, cook in medium low heat while occasionally stirring for 10 minutes or until they are brown in colour.
- Remove mushrooms from pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan add the remaining butter then the chopped shiitake and porcini, cook in medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour the liquid used for rehydrating both mushrooms, bring it to a boil then simmer in medium heat for 3 minutes or until reduced to half of its volume.
- Lower the heat, add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano, cream and finely chopped truffles. Give it a good mix until cheese has melted.
- Add the pasta and reserved mushrooms, stir to coat them evenly in the sauce, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve garnished with chopped parsley.