Four Mushroom and Truffle Pasta is a type of pasta dish prepared with fettucine served with a cream sauce infused with truffles and a variety of mushrooms like button, portobello, shiitake and porcini.
- 300 g fettuccine
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 100 g white button mushrooms
- 100 g portobello mushrooms
- 4 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1/2 cup of water, finely chopped
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in 1/2 cup of water, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 25 g summer truffle slices, finely chopped plus more for toppings
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain pasta and set it aside.
- Prepare a large pan, melt 4 tbsp of butter then add white button mushrooms, portobello and garlic, cook in medium low heat while occasionally stirring for 10 minutes or until they are brown in colour.
- Remove mushrooms from pan then set it aside.
- Using the same pan add the remaining butter then the chopped shiitake and porcini, cook in medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour the liquid used for rehydrating both mushrooms, bring it to a boil then simmer in medium heat for 3 minutes or until reduced to half of its volume.
- Lower the heat, add the grated Parmigiano Reggiano, cream and finely chopped truffles. Give it a good mix until cheese has melted.
- Add the pasta and reserved mushrooms, stir to coat them evenly in the sauce, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve garnished with chopped parsley.
That sounds and looks truly a gourmet pasta dish!
This looks and sounds splendid! I love that you used mixed mushrooms (particularly dried porcini) for an extra compound flavour. Plus the addition of real truffles (Even from the jar) – that’s a gourmet dish!
Beautiful. I love using dried mushrooms along with fresh. They’re just so different!
Yummmmm!!! Fresh mushrooms!!!
If I had a truffle, this would be on the dinner table tonight! I love the combination of mushrooms, and I think it will still work if I use either my truffle powder or truffle salt! Fantastic recipe, Raymund!
This is spectacular! Love mushrooms with pasta and cream, and this is one of the best version I’ve seen. Thanks.
Now THAT is my idea of decadence! I can never get enough mushrooms, especially truffles. Wow, what a knock-out combination!
omg it was delicious. had it last night. wish I could post a photo right here and show you.
Thanks for trying it out