Minchi is a dish made with minced meat flavoured with molasses and soy sauce then accompanied by other ingredients like potatoes and wood ear fungus.
- 300 g minced pork
- 300 g minced beef
- 1 cup rehydrated dried wood ear fungus, thinly sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl combine and mix all sauce ingredients. Set it aside.
- In a wok add olive oil then cook cubed potatoes. Once outer surface of potatoes is crispy, remove from wok then set it aside.
- Using the same wok sauté the shallots and garlic.
- Add the minced pork, minced beef, wood ear fungus and bay leaves. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the sauce then mix it well, continue to mix until meat is fully cooked.
- Stir in the cooked potatoes, turn off the heat then serve.
Love the texture of wood ears, so always looking for new recipes for them. This will be at the head of my list of new recipes to try. Thank you
This sounds really interesting. I think the dish you’ve got in on is gorgeous.
This is exactly what I was looking for for supper tomorrow night. Thanks Raymund!
Made this for supper last night. I did add a cubed small eggplant because I had one I needed to use, then served over rice. Delicious! Thanks for another great meal!