Tiniim na Manok is a Filipino dish made with whole chicken slowly simmered in a sweet, tangy and spiced pineapple juice marinade until tender.
- 2 kg whole chicken
- 1 cup pineapple titbits
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-size ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- fish sauce
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add the pineapple titbits, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, black peppercorns and fish sauce bring this to a boil then add the chicken in. Lower heat then simmer in low heat for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked, turn the chicken over to its other side halfway.
- Remove chicken from the pot then set it aside.
- Continue to simmer the sauce in medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch in 1/4 cup water then pour it into the sauce, continue to simmer until sauce is thick.
- Place chicken in a serving bowl then pour sauce on top. Serve while hot.
I love chicken! And have never had this dish, so need to try it ASAP. Wonderful looking recipe — thanks.
Looks like Chinese herbal chicken minus the herbs, add the pineapples.
Now, Im cooking but I added laurel leaves, mixture of lemoncito, lemongrass lemon mixed with green lime and spring onion.