Tiniim na Manok is a Filipino dish made with whole chicken slowly simmered in a sweet, tangy and spiced pineapple juice marinade until tender.
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add the pineapple titbits, pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, black peppercorns and fish sauce bring this to a boil then add the chicken in. Lower heat then simmer in low heat for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked, turn the chicken over to its other side halfway.
- Remove chicken from the pot then set it aside.
- Continue to simmer the sauce in medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch in 1/4 cup water then pour it into the sauce, continue to simmer until sauce is thick.
- Place chicken in a serving bowl then pour sauce on top. Serve while hot.