Enchilada suizas or Swiss-style Enchiladas are a type of enchiladas that uses more cheese than usual, it is then topped with a cream based sauce like béchamel, milk or even avocadoes.
- 8 pcs flour tortillas
- 750 g cooked roasted chicken meat, shredded
- 3 pcs jalapenos, thinly sliced (adjust to your liking)
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (Colby, cheddar or quick melt)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender combine cream, chicken broth, avocados, cilantro leaves and stems, cumin, garlic, lime juice and salt, blend in high speed until combined and whipped.
- In a bowl combine chicken, jalapenos and onion. Pour half the avocado cream mixture then mix well. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare a rectangular 9 x 12 inch or 2 pcs 9 x 6 inch baking dish, lightly grease them with a cooking spray then pour 1/4 of the avocado cream mixture in the bottom then top with 1/2 cup of cheese
- Grab a tortilla then place some chicken filling then roll the tortillas to seal, place in the baking dish seam side down. Do it with the remaining tortillas and chicken. Pour remaining avocado cream on top and 1 cup of cheese, cover with foil then bake in 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil then bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese topping turns lightly brown.
- Remove from oven then garnish with cotija or feta cheese, sliced avocadoes and cilantro leave. Serve with some sliced jalapenos on the side.