This Cauliflower and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe we are posting today are made out of my left over vegetable from a chopseuy I recently made, it also uses common ingredients you find in an Asian household like dried shiitake and Chinese cooking wine. A really simple dish you can enjoy on its own or as a side dish.
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- Rehydrate shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling hot water. Once shitakes are soft remove thinly slice them and set aside. Reserve liquid.
- Prepare a wok in a stove top, add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add the shiitake then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and stir fry for 5 minutes
- In a bowl combine and mix light soy sauce, cornstarch, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and the reserved liquid. Pour this into the wok then cook while stir frying until sauce thickens. Season with fish sauce then serve topped with toasted sesame seeds.
I love eating stir-fry and cauliflower and broccoli is one that I cook very often too! I usually just add salt or soy sauce or oyster sauce to them, shall try out your version one day, looks delicious!
Such a great way to pack some tasty veg & delicious ingredients together. I’ve been trying a purée of cauliflower & broccoli for my son (which he occasionally eats.) Though this looks far, far tastier!
This sounds like a tasty combination.
I love cauliflower overseas, just boil…so sweet and fragrant. Sadly, the ones here are bland, none of the the nice fragrance. I suspect they are too old or maybe, harvested too early for export, and each day, they keep cutting the black parts away to keep it looking white and nice. That is why I never buy to cook and eat.