This Cauliflower and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe we are posting today are made out of my left over vegetable from a chopseuy I recently made, it also uses common ingredients you find in an Asian household like dried shiitake and Chinese cooking wine. A really simple dish you can enjoy on its own or as a side dish.
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- Rehydrate shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling hot water. Once shitakes are soft remove thinly slice them and set aside. Reserve liquid.
- Prepare a wok in a stove top, add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add the shiitake then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and stir fry for 5 minutes
- In a bowl combine and mix light soy sauce, cornstarch, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and the reserved liquid. Pour this into the wok then cook while stir frying until sauce thickens. Season with fish sauce then serve topped with toasted sesame seeds.