Deep Fried Mushrooms is a simple side dish of button mushrooms breaded and deep fried served with a creamy onion dip
- 300 g whole white button mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g can reduced cream
- 1 packet onion Soup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a bowl combine Mushroom Dip ingredients together, set aside.
- In a bowl combine all bread crumbs ingredients together. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl add the flour.
- In another bowl add the eggs.
- Rinse mushrooms in running water then drain, leave a little bit of moisture for the flour to stick on.
- Place mushrooms in the bowl with flour, toss to coat.
- One by one dip mushrooms in egg then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Set on a rack for a couple of minutes to let the batter set.
- In batches, deep fry mushrooms in a 180C preheated oven, cook until golden brown, this will take around 3-5 minutes. Remove from fryer, drain then serve with onion dip.