I had tried this before when I used to live in Baguio City but never knew its name until recently. It is one of those dishes that we always cook during my university days as a dish to match our beer and gin with, with less than 5 minutes cooking time it’s a good pulutan to have as you don’t have to take a lot of time preparing it, it also contains the least amount of ingredients which is good for the budget conscious student.
- 500 g beef rump steak, cut into thin very strips
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- ⅓ cup cane vinegar
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 2 pcs red chillies, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat wok in very high heat, add oil and once it starts smoking quickly stir fry together beef, garlic, onion, ginger, chillies and spring onions. Continuously stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Still on high heat add the vinegar and let it boil
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.