Nutella and Chocolate Chips Twist
Sometimes a leftover frozen puff pastry comes really handy especially when you have a daughter demanding some Danish type snacks on one lazy weekend. Initially I was thinking of making some peach and custard Danish but we don’t have any fresh or even canned peaches, we don’t even have fruits as well but luckily we have a partly used container of Nutella and some chocolate chips.
It might look hard to make from the photo above but it’s actually quite simple all I had done was to sandwich the nutella and chocolate chips into two frozen sheets of puff pastry then slice them thinly, twist then bake.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 heaping tbsp nutella
- handful of chocolate chips
- 1 egg beaten
- In a clean flat surface lay one sheet of puff pastry.
- Gently spread nutella then scatter chocolate chips on top.
- Lay another sheet on top then slice thin strips of the dough. Hold each end of the strip then twist several times.
- Place in a baking sheet lined baking tray, brush with beaten eggs then bake for 10 minutes in a 200C preheated oven.
- Remove from oven then serve while hot.