Korean Fried Chicken or KFC is a Korean Style fried chicken prepared by coating seasoned chicken nibbles in potato starch before deep frying giving it a very crunchy texture then smothering it in a Korean style sweet chili sauce.
- 1 kg chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cup potato starch
- oil, for deep frying
- roasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Sweet Spicy Sauce
- In a large bowl combine all marinade ingredients, add the chicken wings then evenly distribute the marinade using your hands.
- In a large container that you can cover, add the potato starch then place chicken wings one at a time then cover the container. Shake until chicken has been coated evenly with the potato starch.
- Prepare a deep fryer, set to 180C then deep fry chicken pieces for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from deep fryer then place it in a paper towel lined plate in one layer so it cools of faster (better if you cool it down in front of a fan)
- Bring back the oil temperature to 180C then deep fry chicken pieces again for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked, remove from the deep fryer, place in a large bowl then set it aside in a warm dry location.
- In a sauce pan, add oil then sauté garlic until fragrant. Add all the remaining Sweet spicy sauce ingredients then mix it well. Let it cook in low heat and once it starts to slowly boil remove pan from the heat.
- Pour sauce into the fried chicken, toss chicken to distribute sauce evenly then place in serving platter. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds on top then serve.