Beef Steak a La Crema is a dish of thinly sliced beef pan fried and served with sliced mushrooms on a creamy onion and lemon sauce.
- 1 kg chuck or rump steak, thinly sliced
- 10 pcs white button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml fresh cream
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 lemon
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Tenderize beef with a meat mallet or a back of a cleaver, season with freshly ground black pepper and salt then set aside.
- Drain beef of excess liquid in a colander and set aside, before frying make sure it’s in room temperature and thoroughly drained.
- In a pan, heat oil and pan fry beef in very high heat for 2 minutes on each side, do not overcook otherwise it will be hard.
- Remove beef from pan then set aside, now using the same pan sauté onions do not overcook. Remove the onions then set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms next adding oil if needed, once cooked remove from pan then set aside.
- Add the butter and flour, cook in low heat then slowly add beef stock. Add the cream then slowly simmer it in low heat.
- Add the pan-fried beef. mushrooms and the onions, continue to simmer for 2 minutes, season with salt and freshly ground pepper then turn off the heat, drizzle lemon juice on top. Place in serving platters then serve.