Beef Steak a La Crema
Do you love the traditional bistek but looking for something new? This recipe might be for you, similar to the bistek that you know where beef is studded with tons of onions but this time with a creamy edge and a touch of lemon, equally delicious but totally different flavour profile. A simple dish to prepare and it uses a cheap cut of beef, very budget friendly and definitely tasty.
- 1 kg chuck or rump steak, thinly sliced
- 10 pcs white button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml fresh cream
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 lemon
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Tenderize beef with a meat mallet or a back of a cleaver, season with freshly ground black pepper and salt then set aside.
- Drain beef of excess liquid in a colander and set aside, before frying make sure it’s in room temperature and thoroughly drained.
- In a pan, heat oil and pan fry beef in very high heat for 2 minutes on each side, do not overcook otherwise it will be hard.
- Remove beef from pan then set aside, now using the same pan sauté onions do not overcook. Remove the onions then set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms next adding oil if needed, once cooked remove from pan then set aside.
- Add the butter and flour, cook in low heat then slowly add beef stock. Add the cream then slowly simmer it in low heat.
- Add the pan-fried beef. mushrooms and the onions, continue to simmer for 2 minutes, season with salt and freshly ground pepper then turn off the heat, drizzle lemon juice on top. Place in serving platters then serve.