Crunchy Fried Shrimps
- 500 g large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 1 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cups cold water
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of flour and cornstarch together with water, egg, cayenne and salt. Whisk lightly, batter should be lumpy.
- In a separate dish put the remaining flour.
- Dredge each shrimp in the flour then into the prepared batter then fry in batches on pre heated deep fryer at 180C. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimps are golden brown and crispy.
- Place cooked shrimps in a paper towel line container to remove excess fat.
- Prepare the dip by combining the dip ingredients together then serve with crispy shrimps.
Now that looks so good. Bet it tastes great! Can’t go wrong with prawns!
Gorgeous pics! Those shrimp look absolutely delicious! And the recipe sounds easy enough. Thanks!
Shrimp lovers here!!! Really like your idea of adding a little kick of heat to this recipe. Hope you are doing well Raymund!
Could eat the entire batch all by myself.