Crunchy Fried Shrimps
This Crunchy Fried Shrimps is a nice beer match, a dish made with large shrimps in a slightly hot crispy batter with a hot creamy dip. A very simple dish to prepare and will not take more than 15 minutes to cook so you can enjoy a lot more of your beer time, best of all it tastes amazing!
- 500 g large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 1 cups flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cups cold water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- oil, for frying
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- In a bowl combine ½ cup of flour and cornstarch together with water, egg, cayenne and salt. Whisk lightly, batter should be lumpy.
- In a separate dish put the remaining flour.
- Dredge each shrimp in the flour then into the prepared batter then fry in batches on pre heated deep fryer at 180C. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimps are golden brown and crispy.
- Place cooked shrimps in a paper towel line container to remove excess fat.
- Prepare the dip by combining the dip ingredients together then serve with crispy shrimps.