Today we will try to make some of those unique combinations & lets do it by mixing Mexican with Italian, a dish called Spicy Chicken Tequila Fettuccine. This was inspired form a TV show I saw before (I forgot what show it is) when they cooked some Pasta with chicken and tequila, I never had jotted down the recipe so I have to make my own and I am glad it was a success and here it is for me to share.
- 600g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 packet fettuccine
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 250ml cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to your liking, I want it hot)
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to instructions, set aside.
- In a heavy pan, add small amount of oil then sear chicken pieces. Once browned on all sides remove chicken and set aside.
- Add butter to the pan then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add flour and mix in low heat until it forms a roux.
- Pour tequila to deglaze (be careful it will catch flame if using a gas stove).
- Add the chicken breast back together with chicken stock and cream, bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add red capsicum and yellow capsicum and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cayenne and cooked fettuccine, bring the heat to medium high and simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Turn heat off then add the lime juice, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, cherry tomatoes and shaved parmesan.