Thai Red Chicken Curry is a simple dish of chicken and vegetables cooked in a red curry sauce with coconut milk, its sweet, savoury, sour, spicy and creamy, its all of the flavours typical of a Thai dish.
- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 150 g green beans, sliced into sections
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 pcs lemongrass, white part pounded
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 3 pcs shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- fish sauce
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and shallots.
- Add the red curry paste and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken then stir fry for 3 minutes coating it with the red curry paste.
- Pour the coconut milk the add the lemongrass, palm sugar and fish sauce. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots and green beans the simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the coconut cream then season with fish sauce if necessary.
- Mix in the coriander, drizzle some lemon juice on top then serve.