Thai Red Chicken Curry is a simple dish of chicken and vegetables cooked in a red curry sauce with coconut milk, its sweet, savoury, sour, spicy and creamy, its all of the flavours typical of a Thai dish.
- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 150 g green beans, sliced into sections
- 1 large carrots, sliced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 pcs lemongrass, white part pounded
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 3 pcs shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- fish sauce
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and shallots.
- Add the red curry paste and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken then stir fry for 3 minutes coating it with the red curry paste.
- Pour the coconut milk the add the lemongrass, palm sugar and fish sauce. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots and green beans the simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the coconut cream then season with fish sauce if necessary.
- Mix in the coriander, drizzle some lemon juice on top then serve.
I have a feeling thigh meat would be so delicious in this dish!
I love Thai cuisine. For me, anytime!
Thai curry is a favorite in this house. I love your red curry recipe, especially the addition of the green beans. So much better than what I’m use to.
We could live on this every day. Crave Thai red curry all of the time. You are right the sauce has it all going on and just that over rice is so good.
Yes your Thai curry sauce sounds so good that if the chicken was missing, I’d still be happy.