Garlic Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Spinach Curry is a dish of squash, spinach, garlic spouts and some pork in coconut cream sauce is the result, a creamy savoury curry you can pair with freshly steamed rice.
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 bunch garlic sprouts (roughly 12–15 stalks), sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 packet of spinach
- 200 g pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 pcs shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then brown pork pieces, remove pork then set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add butternut squash and chillies then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and pork, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic spouts then simmer for 5 more minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add the coconut cream then bring to a boil.
- Add the spinach, stir to combine then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.