Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie
Peanut butter cookie is a type of cookie using peanut butter as its main ingredient.
This cookie originated in the United States during the 1910’s when American agricultural educator George Washington Carver promoted peanut as a replacement for the cotton crop when it was heavily damaged by the boll weevil. To accompany his promotion he also compiled 105 peanut recipes from various cookbooks in there he included three recipes for peanut cookies using crushed peanuts. It was not until 1920’s when peanut butter was listed as an ingredient in cookies. Apart from the peanut butter taste another distinguishing factor of a peanut butter cookie are its fork marks which started to appear during 1930’s when Pillsbury popularized it. Initially it was just rolled thinly and cut into shapes or just shaped into balls.
For this post we will be featuring a Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie and to make it even more special it was my daughter who made them without any help from us. And the verdict is 10/10 she made it perfect the first round.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Place a tablespoonful of mixture in a pan lined with baking sheets, giving a 1 inch of space in between dough.
- Flatten dough with fork then place on a 180C preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.