Cheesy Salmon Pasta Bake
If you like tuna and pasta bake you will definitely love this recipe more as it uses Salmon which in my personal opinion is a better tasting fish. This post actually is not my recipe but it was my wife’s, this recipe was created because during the time want to have a tuna and pasta bake for dinner but we did not have any canned tuna in our cupboard hence we used the only ingredient available to us during that time which is salmon.
All I can say is that this dish definitely tasted better as salmon have more fat content thus having more flavour and with regards to the texture it is softer rather than dry and rough, it was a brilliant idea for a tuna replacement and with the addition of dried porcini mushrooms it definitely improved the flavours a lot.
200g macaroni pasta, cooked
3 pcs dried porcini mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 cup water.
300g salmon, cooked and flaked
100g frozen corn kernels
1 red onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
120g cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
- Drain mushrooms and reserve liquid, chop the mushrooms then set aside.
- In a large pan sauté onion and garlic in butter. Add chopped mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix flour and water from soaked mushrooms, mix until free of lumps then add it into the pot together with milk, cream, corn, chilli powder and 1/2 of the grated cheese. Bring to a boil and simmer until thick in consistency.
- Now add the pasta and flaked salmon and give it a good mix.
- Pour the whole mixture in an oven proof dish then top with the remaining cheese and parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 220C.