Chicken Pimiento Casserole is a dish made out of chicken and pimiento in a creamy sauce. I am not sure of the origins of this dish but I know my mom loves this as she makes this a lot when I was younger.
- 1 kg chicken legs
- 3 pcs pimientos or 3 small orange capsicums (this give you near similar flavour), chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 pcs shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy pan add small amount of oil and brown chicken pieces in batches. Remove chicken from pan then set aside.
- Add butter in the same pan then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add flour and mix until thick.
- Add water, thyme, oregano and chicken then simmer in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add pimientos and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk then simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.