Duck Fat Potatoes is dish of floury potatoes twice cooked, par boiled then roasted with duck fat.
- 1 kg potato, floury type peeled and cut into sections
- 100 g duck fat
- 2 tsp flour
- sea salt
- Prepare your roasting pan, add the duck fat and heat it up in the oven at 180C.
- Place potatoes in a pot over a stove top with boiling water, add salt then continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a large colander then shake it up to roughen and fluff the outsides. Sprinkle the flour and a bit of salt.
- Remove the roasting pan in the oven making sure the duck fat is hot. Carefully put the potatoes, roll and turn then on all sides to get coated with the fat. Make sure potatoes are arranges in a single layer. Place back the roasting pan to the oven then roast for another 15 mins. Flip potatoes to the other side then continue to roast for 15 to 20 mins or until its outsides are crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, drain excess fat then serve immediately.
Best way EVER to prepare potatoes! I have some duck fat in the refrigerator right now as a matter of fact. Haven’t made these for awhile — but I will, soon. 🙂