Caramel apples or taffy apples are sweet treats made out of apples coated with caramel and rolled in nuts. A very nice treat to give to the kids who are doing trick or treats this Halloween season, it gives the best of both worlds, the healthy apples and the sugar rush from the caramel.
- 6 small apples, preferably Granny Smith
- 400g caramel candies, unwrapped (Kraft Caramel Squares)
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- chopped almonds
- disposable chopsticks
- Insert a chopstick into the top of each apple.
- Place caramel and milk in a saucepan and melt caramels in low heat. Once completely melted remove from heat.
- Roll each apple in caramel until coated.
- Roll the coated apples in chopped almonds then set aside by placing it on a greased baking sheet to let it cool and harden.