Caramel apples or taffy apples are sweet treats made out of apples coated with caramel and rolled in nuts. A very nice treat to give to the kids who are doing trick or treats this Halloween season, it gives the best of both worlds, the healthy apples and the sugar rush from the caramel.
- 6 small apples, preferably Granny Smith
- 400g caramel candies, unwrapped (Kraft Caramel Squares)
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- chopped almonds
- disposable chopsticks
- Insert a chopstick into the top of each apple.
- Place caramel and milk in a saucepan and melt caramels in low heat. Once completely melted remove from heat.
- Roll each apple in caramel until coated.
- Roll the coated apples in chopped almonds then set aside by placing it on a greased baking sheet to let it cool and harden.
Very nice, I like the almonds on them
Very pretty finish! Unfortunately we did not have anyone come knock on our door tonight – perhaps because I didn’t really decorate the house… 🙁 I’ve told Mr to take all the candy to work tomorrow.
Nice photo. I really like that you added the sliced almonds…sounds great.
Can you post a picture or instructions how to bite into them? I always feel daunted by the thought. They always look good but always afraid it will leave a huge mess 🙂 🙂
Lol, it is always a mess having this, its a part of the thrill similar to eating tacos 🙂
My mother used to call them toffee apples and they were so good we did not mind losing a tooth or two along the way! c
I love the almonds on your apple. Caramel apples are one of my favorite fall treats. 🙂
Love the addition of almonds on your Caramel apples. I’m long over due for one of these treats for myself.
Does being a kid at heart count? I want one! 🙂
this is genius idea.. love it
I like how you used shaved almonds on these. 🙂
I’ve always wanted to make caramel apples — this looks too good to eat!