Japanese Siomai is a type of minced pork and sometimes with prawns where it is wrapped in nori sheets instead of the usual dimsum wrapper, giving it a unique seafood taste.
- Mix pork, carrots, shrimps, salt, cornstarch, and sesame oil thoroughly in a bowl.
- Place a bamboo sushi mat on a flat surface then place a sheet of nori on top.
- Add a good amount of meat filling evenly near the end of the nori sheet.
- Now roll the bamboo mat starting at the edge while pressing it firmly, continue until it reaches the end of the bamboo mat.
- Remove the roll from the bamboo mat and carefully slice into 1 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Moisten the sharp knife every time you cut a new slice.
- Place in a steamer for at least 20-25 minutes or until cooked.