- 500g white fish meat (grouper and snapper works well), sliced into small cubes
- 1 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup of vinegar and fish meat, let it soak for at least 5 minutes. Drain fish meat in a colander then give it a light squeeze to further drain liquid from the fish.
- Mix together remaining vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, onion, garlic, chillies, coconut milk, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place vinegar sauce and fish on a covered container then refrigerate for at least 4 hours to a maximum of 6 hours.
- Remove from the fridge then serve with ice-cold beer!