Copycat Ribchon Baby Back Baboy is a copycat Baby Back Baboy recipe from the famous Tagaytay restaurant Ribchon. A pork rib dish seasoned with spices and aromatics used in lechon then slowly grilled to tender perfection.
- In a Nutribullet or food processor place all marinade ingredients together, puree until very smooth in consistency.
- Spread this marinade all over the pork ribs then place it in a heavy-duty zip lock back, pour any remaining marinade into the bag then seal. Refrigerate for 12 hours and not more than 18 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator one hour prior to cooking.
- Prepare a charcoal grill with temperature control. Light up the charcoal and place a grill on the side on top of the heat. Let it reach 180C.
- Cover ribs loosely with an aluminium foil, place it on the rack, making sure the ribs are not on a direct heat. Cover the grill and maintain a 180C temperature then slowly cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. Once in a while spray water on the ribs to prevent it from drying out. Add charcoal in between if necessary.
- Open the grill, add more charcoal and increase the heat. Once the charcoals turn amber red, place rack on top of it then grill pork for 3 minutes on each side or until it turns brown.
- Remove from grill, let it rest for 10 minutes then serve.