Velveting Chicken is not the same as Chicken Velvet, while both are food items and uses egg whites together with chicken the similarity ends there.
- 500 g boneless chicken breast, slice into strips
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- boiling water
- In a bowl combine together egg white, cornstarch, rice wine and salt. Add sliced chicken and stir until coated, let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare boiling water using an electric kettle then pour it into the wok, add oil then gently add chicken pieces a piece at a time, do not clump together and don’t let the water boil. Stir gently with a slotted spoon so they don’t stick together, cook for 3 minutes then remove the chicken carefully then set them aside in a colander.
- Use with any chicken stir fry recipe that you like.