Siomai or Shumai is a traditional Chinese dumpling served in dim sum. In China there are two varieties of this dish which are the Cantonese and Jinghan.
- 500g pork, finely chopped
- 7 pcs dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in 1 cup water then chopped
- 300 g shrimps, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- siomai / wanton wrapper
- Mix pork, mushroom, shrimps, salt, cornstarch, and sesame oil thoroughly in a bowl.
- Wrap a heaping spoonful of the mixture in a siomai wrapper leaving the top open/unwrapped.
- Place in a steamer for at least 20-25 minutes or until cooked.