Cheese cupcake basically is a cupcake flavoured with cheese, usually cheddar to give it a cheesy taste. Unlike Western cupcake counterparts this is never frosted and designed to look pretty but it is made really simple just with a topping of grated cheese.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large beat together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and condensed milk to the creamed butter and egg mixture while beating in low speed, combine until smooth in texture.
- Fold the grated cheese into the batter.
- Scoop batter into paper-lined muffin cups to 3/4 full. Top with cheddar cheese and bake in a 180C pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Top should be golden and crispy.