Chicken Karaage is Japanese style Fried chicken where chicken pieces are lighlty marinated in ginger, garlic and soy sauce then coated potato flour are deep fried in oil
- 10 pcs Chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- Mix together chicken, ginger paste, garlic, soy sauce, egg, salt, freshly ground black pepper and sesame oil. Place in a covered container and let it marinate for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Prepare a wok then add enough oil for deep frying. Heat oil to 180C.
- Remove chicken from the fridge then drain excess liquid. Pour potato starch and give it a good mix making sure each chicken piece is coated with the starch.
- Deep fry each chicken piece, placing one at a time. Cook until golden brown which is around 5 minutes or until cooked; do not overcook to retain the tenderness of the chicken.
- Place in a paper lined plate to drain excess oil then serve while hot.