Guisadong Pechay is one of those dishes we always pair with anything fried (fish, pork or chicken), a very flavourful vegetable side dish that complements any fried mains that you may have, similar to bok choy in oyster sauce, but the flavours are a bit distinct as it comes from shrimp paste.
- 6 bunches bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup pork belly, cubed
- 2 tbsp bagoong (shrimp paste)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok, add oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add pork cubes and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Mix together cornstarch, chicken stock and bagoong. Pour into the wok then bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.