This Pork and Prawn Dumplings is one of my favourite Chinese dishes and most probably the first on the list specially the Shumai’s we can’t leave a Chinese restaurant without ordering those, there are hundreds of varieties of this lovely dish for me is the Chinese counterpart for the Japanese sushi.
- Wonton wrappers
- 250g minced pork
- 250g minced prawns
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 stalk spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- In a mixing bowl mix together all ingredients except for the wrappers.
- Place 1 tbsp of the meat mixture into the middle of each wrapper then dampen the edges of the wrapper with water. Now the dough over the filling making a half moon shape then seal the edges by pinching it.
- If you are boiling: Place water into a large pot and bring it to a boil, once boiling place dumpling slowly one by one while giving it a gentle stir to avoid them sticking together. Cook each dumpling for around 3-4 minutes.
- If you are deep frying: Heat up oil in deep fryer and deep fry each dumpling for 3-4 minutes
- If you are steaming: Place dumplings in steamer and steam for 25 minutes.