Bok Coy in Oyster Sauce is a very popular vegetable side dish in Chinese Cuisines it is usually served as an accompaniment to dishes like roast pork, roast chicken, barbecue pork, Hainanese chicken rice to name some.
- 1 packet bok choy leaves (around 250 gms)
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch, just enough to thicken
- 3 tbsp water
- Cut bok choy bunch into half lengthwise then blanch it together with a tsp of salt in a pot of boiling water. Run in cold water, drain and place in a plate.
- In a wok, heat the oil and sauté garlic until golden brown. Remove garlic from wok then set aside.
- In a container mix together oyster sauce, water, light soy sauce and cornstarch, place in the wok then boil until sauce thickens.
- Add the fried garlic and give it a mix then turn the heat off.
- Pour sauce in top of bok choy then top with sesame oil.