Crispy pork meets tangy-sweet sauce in this homemade delight. A perfect balance of Flavors and textures!
Deep Fried Battered Pork
- 600g Skinless Pork belly or Marbled pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- freshly ground black pepper
Sweet and Sour
- 1 can pineapple pieces, retain the juice
- 1 thumb sized ginger, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper (capsicum), sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper (capsicum), sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, mixed in 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 carrots, sliced into chunks
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 5 cloves, garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper oil
- In a deep bowl combine together 1/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup corn flour, 2 eggs, 4 tbsp water and 1 tsp salt, mix thoroughly until free of lumps, texture should be sticky but still runny.
- Add pork and coat evenly, set aside and place in fridge covered for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare a wok and add oil for frying pork pieces. In small batches, deep fry pork in high heat of for 3 to 5 minutes that should be enough to cook the meat and retain the tenderness. Drain then set aside on a plate.
- On a separate wok, add oil and sauté garlic and ginger.
- Add capsicums, carrots and onions then continue to stir fry for a minute.
- Add chicken stock, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice from the pineapple, tomato ketchup and diluted cornstarch. Bring it to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn off heat and pour sauce over crispy fried pork and sliced tomatoes.