Savory beef and gooey cheese unite in this Japanese rice bowl. A melty, flavourful delight you won’t resist!
- 400 g thinly sliced beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk spring onions
- In a large frying pan without turning on the stove, combine all sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Add the thinly sliced onion to the mixture, spreading it evenly in the pan to separate the layers.
- Place the thinly sliced beef on top of the onions, ensuring it covers them completely.
- Cover the pan with a lid, then turn on the heat to medium and start cooking.
- When the beef has browned, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped spring onions on top and cook covered for an additional minute.
- Divide the cooked Japanese short-grain rice into two bowls. Drizzle some of the pan sauce over the rice.
- While still hot and freshly cooked, place the beef and onion mixture on top of the rice.
- Layer the mozzarella, Egmont, and cheddar cheese on top in that order. Allow the cheese to melt; if it doesn’t melt completely, you can use a torch or place it in an oven for a few minutes to achieve the desired melty goodness.