Indulge in soft, buttery knots with a sweet surprise inside. Irresistible fusion of flavours awaits!
- 2 1/2 cups high grade flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 20 g butter, softened
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In mixing bowl, combine all the dough ingredients. Knead on a low speed with a dough hook attachment until the dough starts to take shape, around 5 minutes.
- Increase the mixer speed and knead for about 15 minutes or until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, form it into a smooth ball, and place it in a covered bowl to rise.
- Allow it to rise in a warm, humid, and draft-free place.
- While the dough is rising, make the filling by combining all the filling ingredients together. Put it in the fridge to stiffen up.
- After the dough has doubled in size, around 2 hours, roll it out on a floured surface into a roughly 40x50cm rectangle.
- Spread the chilled filling evenly on half of the rolled-out dough (lengthwise). Sprinkle the raisins evenly over the filling. Fold the side of the dough with no filling over the other half and press down to remove any air bubbles.
- Divide and cut the folded dough into 6 equal pieces, and then further divide each piece in half.
- To shape the bread, take one half piece, stretch it out slowly without losing too much filling, and then do the same with the other half. Lay the second half on top of the first.
- Stretch both pieces together while twisting in opposite directions with each hand. Once you cannot twist any longer, bring the two ends together and twist again to form a knot.
- Place the shaped bread knots on a round baking pan. Leave them to rise again for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove the bread from oven then and brush melted butter on top (optional). Serve.