Pork Fries are crispy and savory strips of seasoned pork, perfect as a flavourful snack or appetizer. Enjoy the deliciousness of pork in a new way!
- 1 kg pork shoulder, sliced into long strips
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Begin by marinating the pork shoulder. In a heavy-duty Ziploc bag, combine the buttermilk, lightly beaten egg, minced garlic, black pepper, and salt. Add the pork shoulder, seal the bag, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- In a large container with a lid, mix the flour, cornflour, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to create the breading mixture.
- Remove the pork from the marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drain off. Place the pork in the container with the breading mixture, ensuring that the unbreaded pieces do not touch each other.
- Close the container and shake it gently to coat the pork evenly. Repeat this process in batches until all the pork is coated.
- Preheat your deep fryer to 180C. Carefully place the breaded pork in the fryer, working in batches if necessary, and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and has turned golden brown and crispy.
- Once cooked, remove the pork fries from the fryer and drain off any excess oil. Allow them to cool slightly before serving.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce and lime juice to create the dipping sauce. Mix well until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve the pork fries alongside the tangy dipping sauce for an extra burst of flavour. Enjoy the irresistible crunch and tender pork inside with every bite.