Taro and Ube Mochi is a type of Mochi flavoured with ube then filled with sweet taro paste.
- In a medium, microwave-safe baking bowl, combine sugar, hot water and ube flavour, mix until sugar is dissolved. Add the glutinous rice flour and stir until well combined.
- Loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for one minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir with a wet rubber spatula.
- Cover again and microwave for another minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the mixture is almost transparent and resembles dough.
- If it’s not there yet, microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between.
- Spread the starch on your working surface and dust the dough with more starch to make it easier to handle.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut it into 3 1/2-inch circles.
- Fill each circle with the taro paste and pinch the opposite sides together until each mochi is completely sealed.