Tinolang Manok sa Gata is a Filipino chicken soup dish made with ginger, vegetables, and coconut milk. Savour the creamy and savoury flavours of this traditional delicacy!
- Heat some oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, sliced onion, and sliced ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the broth starts boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the sliced green papaya and continue to cook until the papaya is tender.
- Pour in the coconut milk and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Give it a good stir and let it simmer for a few more minutes.