Pata ala Lauya is a flavourful Filipino soup made with pork hock, vegetables, and sour fruits. Warm your soul with every spoonful!
- Place the pork leg in a large pot along with chopped onion, salt, and enough water to cover it. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Once the pork is tender, add the young jackfruit to the pot and continue boiling until it becomes tender as well, around 30 minutes.
- Add some batwan or any souring agent to the pot and continue boiling until the broth becomes sour enough to your liking.
- Mix in some annatto powder, making sure it’s thoroughly incorporated into the broth.
- Finally, add the long green chillies to the pot and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice.