https://amzn.to/3I3wRPAChocnut Turon is a Filipino snack made by wrapping sliced bananas in spring roll wrapper with Chocnut, then deep-frying until crispy. Yum!
- 8 pcs saba bananas
- 8 pcs chocnut
- 8 pcs spring roll wrapper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Cut a peeled saba banana lengthwise in half.
- Roll the sliced bananas in brown sugar to coat them lightly with brown sugar, set aside coated bananas.
- Lay down the spring roll wrapper then place half of the saba banana, 1 chocnut then the other half of the saba banana. Start rolling the wrapper until halfway, fold the left and right edges, continue rolling then secure it on the other end by damping it with water. Set it aside.
- In a wok pour enough oil for deep frying, then add remaining brown sugar. Heat oil in medium heat and once the brown sugar melts and rises to the top carefully place the wrapped bananas.
- Deep fry chocnut turon until it turns golden brown and coated with the melted sugar.
- Remove from wok, drain excess oil then serve.