Bok Choy and Tofu Salted Egg Yolk Soup is a healthy and flavorful soup that combines the unique taste of salted egg yolk with the goodness of bok choy and tofu.
- 2 bunches bok choy, trimmed and washed
- 2 blocks firm tofu, cubed and fried until golden
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 dozen white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 cooked salted egg yolks, mashed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Oil, for frying
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add oil. Sauté garlic, ginger, and spring onions until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the fried tofu and mashed salted egg yolks and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until well combined. Pour the mixture into the pot and let it come to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy to the pot and pour the beaten eggs into the soup, stirring slowly in a circular motion.
- Season with light soy sauce, white pepper, and salt. Serve hot.