Crunchy Sesame Candy is a type of Chinese candy snack made with toasted sesame seeds coated in sugar.
- Toast black sesame seeds in a large flat pan over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove the seeds and set them aside.
- Repeat the process with the white sesame seeds in the same pan, toasting them for 3 to 4 minutes and stirring constantly. Set the white seeds aside once they’re done.
- In the same pan, add sugar, honey, and oil and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugar has completely dissolved, and the syrup is thin. This may take several minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in both the black and white sesame seeds, coating them with the syrup.
- Place the mixture on a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined flat tray, top with another silicone mat or parchment paper, and use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture into a thin layer about 1cm thick in a rectangular shape.
- Remove the silicone mat or parchment paper, trim the edges with a sharp knife, and cut the mixture into 1.5cm x 5cm strips. Let it cool completely, then serve or store in an airtight container.