Crispy Breaded Pork Belly is a Filipino style deep fried pork belly lightly coated for a crispy finish, enjoy as a pulutan or as an ulam.
- 800 g Skinless Pork belly or well marbled pork loin, cut into thin bite size sliced (approx. 5 mm)
- oil, for deep frying
- Season pork with salt then set it aside in a cool dry place for 5 minutes.
- In a deep bowl combine together all breading ingredients until well incorporated.
- Dredge pork into the bowl and coat evenly, set aside and do it with the remaining pork pieces.
- Prepare a wok and add oil for frying pork pieces. In small batches, deep fry pork in medium high heat of for 5-6 minutes that should be enough to cook the meat and retain the tenderness. Drain then set aside on a plate then serve.