Seafood Boil is a dish of mixed seafood like prawns, lobster, crab, and clams in a Cajun Spice mix served with corn, butter sauce and lemon.
- 1 kg clams, scrubbed
- 3 pcs large mud crabs, scrubbed
- 3 lobster tails
- 500 g prawns
- 2 pcs chorizo, cut into 1-inch sections
- 2 ears fresh yellow corn, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 litre water
- 2 large lemons, halved crosswise
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 4 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 whole garlic head, halved crosswise
- 2 pcs dried bay leaves
Spiced Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- In a pot pour the water then add the juice from lemons, then the lemon skin. Add the rest of the cooking liquid ingredients. Bring to a boil, keep heat on high.
- Add the corn at the bottom then followed by the crab and chorizo, continue to boil in high heat covered for 5 minutes
- Add the lobster tails, continue to boil in high heat for 5 minutes while covered.
- Add the clams and prawns, continue to boil in medium heat for 5 minutes while covered.
- While seafood is boiling make the butter sauce, in a saucepan add water and once water is hot (not boiling) add butter while continuously mixing to emulsify and thicken. Once butter and water are mixed together turn the heat off, make sure it does not boil.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, mix well then transfer into serving bowl.
- Drain pot in a large colander, using tongs transfer seafood, corn, and chorizo in a serving platter, discarding the onion, garlic, and bay leaves. Pour a bit of cooking liquid on the top then serve with Spiced Butter Sauce.