Hawaiian Oxtail Soup is a type of clear soup prepared with Oxtails slowly cooked with aromatics alongside herbs and peanuts.
- Generously season oxtails with salt, set it aside.
- In a pot heat oil on high heat, once it starts to smoke add the oxtails and brown it on all sides.
- Pour enough water to cover oxtails, add onion, dried orange peel, star anise and ginger. Bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for 2 1/2 hours, check liquid levels once in a while and add water if necessary.
- Add the peanuts and red chilli flakes, then continue to simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Taste and season with salt as required then turn heat off then place in serving bowls topped with generous amounts of fresh coriander and spring onions. Serve with rice.