Cheese Renkon Chips or Cheese Lotus Root Chips is a dish of thinly sliced Lotus Roots deep fried till golden and crispy then topped with cheese powder.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, thinly slice lotus roots.
- Combine 2 cups of water and rice vinegar in a bowl then soak lotus roots for 10 minutes. Drain then rinse.
- Place drained lotus root on a paper towel lined plate in one layer. Repeat the process until lotus roots are dried off excess moisture.
- Prepare a deep fryer filled with enough oil, set to 180C then once it reached the temperature deep fry lotus roots until golden and crispy.
- Remove from fryer, remove excess oil then place in a large bowl, sprinkle cheese powder then toss to distribute flavour.
- Place in serving platters then serve.