Eomuk-bokkeum or Korean Spicy Fish Cake Stir-Fry is a type of banchan prepared with sliced fish cakes stir fried with vegetables and a sweet, spicy, savory sauce.
- 6 sheets Korean frozen fish cake, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp neutral flavoured oil
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tbsp gochugaru, hot chili pepper flakes coarse
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- freshly ground black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
- spring onions, chopped
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients together, mix well then set it aside.
- In a pan heat oil in medium heat then once hot add fish cakes, onions, and carrot. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour prepared sauce into the pan then continue to stir fry for two minutes. Turn off heat then serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.