Bacon and Broccoli Quiche is a simple quiche made with ready-made pastry, eggs, bacon, cheese and broccoli.
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, steamed until tender
- 6 slices cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp bacon grease
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 pc store bought frozen pie crust
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly coat a pie pan with oil then carefully place the store-bought frozen pie crust. Place baking paper on top of the pastry then fill with ceramic baking beans, dried pulses, or rice.
- Blind bake in a 190C preheated oven for 15 minutes, remove from oven then set it aside.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt and freshly ground black pepper, whisk until evenly combined
- Fold in the steamed broccoli, onions, bacon, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese then pour into the precooked pie pastry.
- Bake in a 190C preheated oven then bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is set.
- Remove from oven, let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Love bacon! The crust looks literally melt-in-mouth and so delicious.
Anything with bacon, count me in!
Broccoli, bacon, and lots of cheese? Perfect hearty combination of flavours and textures, and the quiche looks terrific, too!
There is so much comfort in a quiche like this, Raymund. I also love that they are perfect for brunch entertaining…
Bacon makes everything better, and this quiche sounds amazing! I bet it makes for great leftovers, too!