Prawn, Pork and Squash in Red Curry is a Thai inspired red curry dish prepared with prawns, pork and squash with coconut milk, like any typical Thai dish its sweet, salty, hot and sour.
- 350 g shelled large prawns, deveined
- 350 g pork belly, cubed
- 250 g butternut squash, cubed
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup seafood stock
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white ends pounded
- 3 pcs shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- fish sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- white pepper
- chopped spring onions, to garnish
- In a wok heat oil over high heat brown pork belly pieces.
- Push the pork to the side once browned then add and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the curry paste and lemongrass then continue to cook until really fragrant.
- Push back the pork pieces into the centre of the wok then mix well to combine.
- Add the butternut squash, half of the coconut milk, seafood stock and sugar. Cook for 10 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Put the prawns in together with the remaining coconut milk, add fish sauce to taste and white pepper.
- Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn heat off squeeze lime juice on top, place in serving platter garnished with coriander on top.